Old February 13th 04, 07:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Ian Tindale Ian Tindale is offline

Default Oyster for out-of-Londoners

Ric Euteneuer wrote:

How does one get the £3 deposit back ? Sounds like an admin charge to
me. That's one reason I haven't bothered so far (Like Colin, I'm an
out of townie who occasionally comes into London).

I simply sent mine back, via a form and handing back in at a station. It's a
hassle having to do this each time, but it's my £3 so I'm hardly likely to
let it go. It takes about a month to arrive as a cheque, but I've got my
first one back - my wife hasn't hers yet and our first ones were returned
on the same day. For £3 they get the enjoyment of processing a small
mountain of paperwork each time I take out an oyster card and return it.
--
Ian Tindale