Old October 3rd 11, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.transport.london
Paul G Paul G is offline

Default Henleys corner crossing - someone tell me this is a joke

In message , The Revd
writes
On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 10:23:06 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:02:31 +0100
"GT" wrote:
This is silly - removing the button doesn't help them to avoid breaking
their law: The religious law prohibits them from using electricity or
operating machinery on the Sabbath. What exactly do they think the green man
is powered by?!!

Good point, I hadn't thought of that!

It's horse****. They can't stop electricity being used around them
but the jew sabbath laws prevent them from initiating it by, for
example, flicking a light switch. Entering a dark room with movement
sensors which activate lights is kosher.

As has been indicated elsewhere by other (intelligent) people the above
example categorically that example is invalid as that would be turning
the lights off and on by means of oneself as the trigger - unless you
were talking about any day which isn't the Sabbath. But why would an
understanding of other people's values, cultural heritage and religious
beliefs ever be important to making an argument...?

Anyway. Enough feeding of the troll for me.

--
Paul G
Typing from Kentish Town