Old February 13th 04, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Martin Rich Martin Rich is offline

Default New Tax Discs

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:50:30 +0000, "Clive D. W. Feather"
wrote:

In article , Martin Rich
writes
Does anyone know what information the bar-code on the new style Tax
Discs stores and who has access to reading the code.

If you get a tax disc at a post office, the counter attendant scans
the bar code before giving you the disc.

This indicates to me that the bar code simply contains the number of the
disc. I'm away from my cars for a couple of days, so I can't easily
check this.

Unlike most other bar codes, the code on the tax disc doesn't have the
numbers printed next to the bars. I'd also suspect it's the disc
number, but don't know how to read bar codes visually so can't verify
that

Martin