Old October 5th 11, 04:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default London Overground Expansion

wrote:

On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 11:16:49 +0100
BumYoghurt wrote:
Just a bit furious as to why they won't extend the London Overground to
Streatham- especially when no new track needs to be built. Crystal
Palace to Clapham Junction would join up Balham, Wandsworth and
Streatham Hill/Common and all would be well with the world.

I think they are planning on making it circular at some point no?

Sort of, depending upon your definition of circular - phase 2, due to open
in December 2012, will add a new branch to the East London Line from Surrey
Quays to Clapham Jn (via Queens Rd Peckham, Peckham Rye, Denmark Hill,
Clapham High St, Wandsworth Rd, then Clapham Jn). Trains won't actually run
through onto the West London Line though - pax will need to change trains at
Clapham Jn if they want to head to say Kensington Olympia (this change will
be v easy though).

There are I think various thoughts about further London Overground services
south of the river, specifically from Crystal Palace via Streatham to
Clapham Jn, but nothing's imminent on that front.

Thoughts?

Yes, its a pity it doesn't share stations with the central , piccadilly
and
northern lines which it crosses. Then it may be genuinely useful to a lot
more people.

Clapham High Street to Clapham North (Northern line) is a pretty easy
interchange.