Old October 7th 11, 06:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jamie Thompson Jamie Thompson is offline

Default London's next public transport link: Emirates Air Line

On Oct 7, 4:29*pm, "Recliner" wrote:
So, the new Docklands cable car now has a commercial sponsor: Emirates.
The airline will be putting in 36m of the estimated 60m cost (was
originally 25m), in return for which it gets its name on both the link
itself, as well as both 'stations'. *Will this be the first time that a
UK public transport link has been branded in this way?
Seehttp://www.businesstraveller.com/news/emirates-to-sponsor-thames-cabl....

It's an interesting idea, actually. It's essentially nearly-free
income. I'd be quite happy for the tube lines to be sponsored, and
given the exposure you have there, that might attract a nice chunk of
change. I wonder if it could have between an interesting alternative
to privatisation on NR ro reduce subsidy too (say, "West Coast
Mainline, sponsored by Virgin").