Old October 10th 11, 01:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default London Overground Expansion

On Fri, Oct 07, 2011 at 12:51:35PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 04:57:58PM +0100, Paul Scott wrote:
I'd expect that resurfacing of the whole
platform, and reopening the second set of stairs, will be done once
the work actually starts at the station....

One has to wonder why that wasn't done at the same time as they laid
the extra track just north of the platform. Presumably platform 2 will
have to be closed *again* while those works are going on.

Well, it looks like that work started over the weekend, with trains now
stopping further along the platform where there are some new buffers
installed. The southern half of the platform is now hidden behind
wooden hoardings.

Platform 2 is still open, but because of the hoardings and the pointless
unused buildings that are still standing in the middle of it, is even
narrower than normal and even more crowded when southbound trains empty.

No evidence of re-surfacing the northern end of the platform.

--
David Cantrell | Bourgeois reactionary pig

Eye have a spelling chequer / It came with my pea sea
It planely marques four my revue / Miss Steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a quay and type a word / And weight for it to say
Weather eye am wrong oar write / It shows me strait a weigh.