Old October 11th 11, 04:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jamie Thompson Jamie Thompson is offline

Default London Overground Expansion

On Oct 10, 9:57*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
07:43:51 on Mon, 10 Oct 2011, Jamie Thompson
remarked:

It is known that connections can't be made at Moorgate without spending 100s
of millions though - the alterations to have a junction east of the
platforms involve adjacent building foundations - and there is basically no
way a business case would ever stand up.

I know...but it's still unfortunate. Interestingly, these foundations
don't seem to be a problem for Crossrail...

It's sufficiently 'underground' presumably.

....and by Crossrail, I also meant the passenger walkway tunnels et al,
which are very close to the surface (and will block anything like this
quite comprehensively).