Old October 11th 11, 05:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Arthur Figgis Arthur Figgis is offline

Default "Heathrow and Gatwick airports: Ministers mull rail link" (twixtthe two)

On 11/10/2011 15:06, Bruce wrote:

At that time, the scheme that had previously been proposed for the
second runway had a separation from the existing runway of nowhere
near 1.0 km, so it is obvious that there has been at least one
significant change.

The previous proposal kept to a minimum the amount of demolition that
would be needed. I think it was limited to part or all of one
industrial estate. I would imagine that a 1.0 km separation would
involve much more demolition as the new runway would be significantly
closer to Crawley. The noise nuisance would also be worse.

Maybe someone is waiting for a proposal involving demolishing all of
Crawley...

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK