Old October 11th 11, 10:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Kevin Ayton[_2_] Kevin Ayton[_2_] is offline

Default Platforms with two numbers

On 11/10/2011 21:55, Richard wrote:
On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 19:01:31 +0100, Paul Terry
wrote:

Handy diagram he

http://www.sucs.org/~cmckenna/diagra..._2a_and_2b.png

It describes the SLL platform as 2b and the WLL as 2a, but the latter
may well be renumbered as 1, as there is no hope of getting the original
platform 1 back in service.

That makes me wonder, are there any stations in the UK or elsewhere
that have a continuous platform with different numbers at either end?
On the continent, Basel may be an example, for interesting reasons.

Perhaps we can exclude bay platforms for now, such as Woking's
platform 3.

Richard.

Cambridge P1 and P4, for example?

Kevin