Old February 13th 04, 11:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Eighteen LU trains damaged at Farringdon...

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message , Jack Taylor
writes
As Farringdon sidings can only hold three trains of 'C' stock I would
suggest that 9 would be the correct figure, as each 'train' would be

formed
of three two-car fixed-formation train sets, comprising one Driving Motor
and one Uncoupling Trailer, formed either DM+UT+DM+UT+UT+DM or
DM+UT+UT+DM+UT+DM.

Where does it say they were damaged coming out of the sidings? Surely
that would happened way before the rush hour.

That will teach me to read the referenced article first (which I didn't do
because John's lengthy URL wrapped around - please use
www.makeashorterlink.com or www.tinyurl.com when posting these). I wrongly
assumed that this was an incident of vandalism at Farringdon. Having seen
the article in the papers yesterday I now know that it was down to badly
carried out maintenance work (out of gauge brackets fitted to the tunnel
wall), so apologies all round.