Old February 13th 04, 11:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Ian Johnston Ian Johnston is offline

Default Fatality at Balham?

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:24:11 UTC, David Hansen
wrote:

: On 13 Feb 2004 11:04:39 GMT someone who may be "Ian Johnston"
: wrote this:-
:
: Well, do tell about this wonderful plastic which can easy be spread
: over thousands of square yards of railway
:
: Who said anything about thousands of square yards?

Wel, explain in more detail, then. You're the one who came up with
this theory that it would be perfectly possible - and desirable - to
swathe the scene of a crime in plastic (allowing rails to poke
through, of course) without in any way detracting from the process of
investigation once it started. I'd have thought that a hundred yards
on each side of the body, across the full width of the railway line,
would be a basic minimum. But perhaps you know better - can you give
some examples of places where this is or has been done?

: I really think you're onto a loser with this one.
:
: I may be, but that has yet to be demonstrated by those that disagree
: with me. Since they seem to need to distort what I say to make their
: "points" I think the idea is looking increasingly sound.

Problem is that you haven't really said much more than "use some
plastic", so there isn't much to argue with. Have you suggested your
plan to the HSE or the BTP?

Ian