Old October 12th 11, 02:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
77002 77002 is offline

Default "Heathrow and Gatwick airports: Ministers mull rail link" (twixt

On Oct 12, 12:51*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 12:24:03 +0100

Bruce wrote:
In the 1990s I managed a large programme of research which included

Oh really? Which one? Give it was large I'm sure there must be a link to
some info about it?

climate change impacts on the UK. *Inevitably, I also had to learn
about the science that underpinned the predictions of those impacts.

Not very well it seems plus the science has rather improved in 20 years.

The idea that there is an "almost universal scientific consensus" is a
complete fallacy. *The so-called "consensus" is a political construct
by the leaders of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

I see conspiracy corner is open for business and tickets are selling well..

(IPCC). *Anyone who wants to carry out climate change research funded
by governments has to sign up to that so-called "consensus" before
they can even apply for funding. *They also have to undertake never to
release any results that question or contradict the so-called
"consensus".

So all governments are in on the conspiracy are they, even the russians?

Perhaps you should get together with your fellow mouth breathers on the flip
side of the braindead coin you all inhabit who insist that all governments are
in cahoots with the oil companies and don't care about the climate. Then you
can have a bitch fight while I get the popcorn.

That means that researchers have to agree what their conclusions will

Of course they do dear. Whatever you say. Have a nice cup of tea.

reset of ranting drivel snipped

If you think writing pages of paranoid prose that could have been cut and
pasted from any number of pig ignorant US websites somehow makes your argument
seem stronger then I've got bad news for you pal.

You usually talk sense. However, I am with Tony Polson on this one.
Green is the new Red. I do want to breathe cleaner air in our
cities. That can be achieved with electric transit. But, the whole
"Hockey Stick" theory is based on false data. Climategate brought
that out into the open. Just look into who supports "climate change",
the "liberal" elite and their useful idiots.