Old February 13th 04, 12:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steph Davies Steph Davies is offline

Default Oyster for out-of-Londoners

"Bob Wood" wrote in message ...
In news Jason typed:

I topped up by a mere 30p last night so I could (unofficially) use
Pre-Pay on a bus.

u - n - o - f - f - i - c - i - a - l - l - y

That's an odd way to spell fraudulently!
:-o

why fraudulently?

oyster prepay is now (as the OP said, unofficially) working on buses,
and the 70p fare is being deducted correctly.

the only thing is i've noticed a new message coming up when you use a
Oyster pre-pay lately.

whereas a couple of weeks ago the machine was coming up with the 70p
deducted and the new balance, now it just says something like
"Oystercard Valid Z1-4".

However the 70p is still deducted so no fraud involved.