Old October 12th 11, 09:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Basil Jet[_2_] Basil Jet[_2_] is offline

Default Platforms with two numbers

On 2011\10\12 20:44, DB. wrote:
In his original post "Richard" asked "Are there any stations in the UK
or elsewhere that have a continuous platform with different numbers at
either end?"

It's many, many years since I lived in those parts but I seem to
remember that a platform that had one end in Manchester Victoria had its
other end in Manchester Exchange.

This sent me to:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manches...ailway_station where we
read;

"From 1884, Victoria Station had Manchester Exchange Station, operated
by the rival London and North Western Railway, as a close neighbour, and,
from 1929, a single passenger platform linked them; this was the longest
passenger platform in Europe at 2,194 feet (669 m).
Exchange Station was closed in 1969 and its services were transferred
to Victoria".

IIRC Chicago has a platform which stretches through about half a dozen
stations.