Old October 13th 11, 12:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default "Heathrow and Gatwick airports: Ministers mull rail link" (twixt

"Roland Perry" wrote in message

In message , at 11:47:02 on Thu, 13
Oct 2011, d remarked:
The cost vs benefit is unfavourable, compared to many more useful
things one could be doing.

There's nothing like a good bit of short termist thinking. Let me
guess, education, hospitals, all the other standard issue emotive
vote winners? Fat lot of use any of them will be if the climate
shifts drastically and we're not ready for it.

Spend your time/money preparing for the climate shift, rather than
doing a Canute and hoping a reduction of your already tiny carbon
footprint will save the world.

Also, what no-one seems to have mentioned, geo-engineering may become an
essential tactic. We could be actively researching the various
proposals, so we're in a position to benefit when they become the only
viable solution. Personally, I think this is much more likely to succeed
than persuading the large CO2 producers to cut their emissions.