Old October 13th 11, 04:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Ross[_3_] Ross[_3_] is offline

Default Platforms with two numbers

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 22:57:20 +0100 [UTC], Jonathan Morton wrote:
"Railsigns.co.uk" wrote in message

Birmingham New Street - 5a, 5b and 4c all on the same platform face.

The platform face isn't continuous though.

It's continuous, just not straight :-)

But the oddity I was alluding to in my post is that 4c is on the 5 side of
the 4/5 island - hence it vaguely counts for the purpose of the original
question.

4c is what used to be a loco siding. Had that loco siding not been
there, 5 would have extended the full length.

I don't think you can really claim it to be part of 5; looking at it
from above it's almost like the island has been extended on one side
of end only...
--
Ross

Speaking for me, myself and I. Nobody else
- unless I make it clear that I am...