Old October 16th 11, 02:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
StuartJ StuartJ is offline

Default Baker St.(Met) and Met operations

On Oct 16, 3:13*pm, Andy wrote:
On Oct 15, 9:17*pm, StuartJ wrote:

On Oct 15, 8:04*pm, Paul Corfield wrote: On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 07:26:35 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:
Do the platforms at Baker St. which are used by Met trains heading to/
from Aldgate ever get used for trains which terminate at Baker St.?

They can be used but I am not aware that they are routinely used. It
is possible that an early morning or late evening working does reverse
in those roads but it is not routine during the normal peak / off peak
times of the day.

Since the platforms were lengthened for S-stock last year, it is no
longer possible to reverse in platform 3. Platform 2 remains available
for reversing, but in practice is only so used in emergency.

Although my understanding is that reversal in platform 3 will be
recommissioned in the future, as part of the Sub Surface Lines
resignalling. The relevant crossover will be moved to allow S-stock to
reverse in the platform.

Glad to hear this- there must be a significant loss of flexibility at
the moment.

Stuart J