Old October 18th 11, 08:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default Victoria Tube station escalator works finished

Phil Cook wrote on 18 October 2011
18:54:07 ...
On 18/10/2011 17:50, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 18/10/2011 17:11, Mizter T wrote:
TfL - "Victoria Tube station escalator work completed three months early"
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/media/newscentre/21319.aspx

The overall works are far from finished though - the redevelopment of
the Tube station is due for completion in 2018.

The above press release includes this tidbit:
"The three escalators which run down to the Victoria line platforms and
which include the second most-used escalator in the world with 21
million customers hopping on each year, were out of service one at a
time, in sequence, while they were being worked on."

Obvious question - what's the most used escalator in the world then?

Presumably one of the other two while the second-most was out of commission.

I've seen links to the Grand Central Terminal being the busiest.

The reference I saw to Grand Central was to the busiest *group of*
escalators. It claimed it was verified by the Guinness Book of Records,
but a search on their website failed to find it.
--
Richard J.