Old October 27th 11, 10:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr. Sunil Dr. Sunil is offline

Default FCC Stitching Customers Up?

On Oct 27, 6:54*pm, wrote:
In article
,

(Roy Stilling) wrote:
On Oct 26, 6:39 pm, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
wrote in message
Could you make them up from combinations of class 377 units?

Is it technically feasible 3+3+3+4?

I guess Southeastern could replace a 3x375/[6|7|8|9] with a 4x375/3,
but I never saw it happen. *Can Electrostars multiple more than three
units together?

Don't Southern run some 12-car trains as 4 x 3-car?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

The Thameslink route will be 12-cars long - they've been extending
platforms over the last couple of years, and the extensions are
largely complete, such as at West Hampstead, Mill Hill etc. Kentish
Town and Hendon however is not being extended as far as I can tell.
Southeastern have had 12 car platforms for years. c2c are also
extending their platforms to 12-cars.

Aren't Southern (and FCC) Class 377s all four-cars long? 3 x 4 = 12