Old October 30th 11, 08:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default FCC Stitching Customers Up?

In article
,
(Dr. Sunil) wrote:

On Oct 30, 8:07*pm, wrote:
In article , (D A
Stocks) wrote:

"Robin9" wrote in message

'D A Stocks[_2_ Wrote:
;123973'] *Don't Southern run some 12-car trains as 4 x 3-car?

Yes, used to be quite common on Brighton fast services.

In the days of nationalised British Railways most Brighton fast
services were 12 car trains; and they didn't stop at Clapham
Junction either.

But they weren't 4 x 3-car, which was the question I was answering.

There were mixed 2, 3 and 4 car formations of SR slam-door stock, but
I don't know if it was possible to run more than 3 units coupled in
service ,,,

3 car SR units had disappeared by the time I was a lad.

There would have been some SR DEMUs well into the 90s, no? Off the top
of my head, the 204, 205 and 207s were all three-car.

And how many of them ran on London-Brighton services?

--
Colin Rosenstiel