Old October 31st 11, 08:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Pat O'Neill Pat O'Neill is offline

Default FCC Stitching Customers Up?

wrote in message
In article ,
(John C) wrote:

"Peter Masson" wrote in message

"Nick Leverton" wrote

I don't remember there being any restriction on that in control terms.
Up to about 1969/70, MLV+MLV+Cep+Bep+Cep was common on boat trains

-
effectively five units. I think I recall workings later on such as
8Hap - four units. My early notebooks unfortunately didn't include
train formations.

I've got a note that I travelled on a 5 unit train, 0910 Charing
Cross to Folkestone, in 1971 orv 1972, 5x2HAP from Charing Cross,
rear 4 detached at Tonbridge. I also have a note of a 4-unit train
in 1971, 0940 Victoria to Ramsgate formed 2HAP, 2HAP, 4BEP, 4CEP,
rear 4 detached at Faversham for Dover.

10 car EPB formations formed entirely of two car sets were not
unusual in the last few months, especially once the Selhurst units
moved to Slade Green sending many of the unrefurbished four car sets
for scrap.

But these were from another era of much simpler multiple unit control
systems. What about modern units with computers?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Can't cope with a snowflake!