Old October 31st 11, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default New signage paradigm

In message , at 21:50:53 on Mon, 31
Oct 2011, Clive D. W. Feather remarked:
Near where I live there's an old set of traffic lights with three
lanes for left, right and ahead, which has the same directional
control of lane markings and green arrows, but no "forced left/right"
signs (by which I assume you mean the blue arrows).

You could argue that you're not forced to use the lanes for any given
direction. So long as a leftwards arrow is lit and you drive with
appropriate care, you can turn left from any lane.

Even if that means passing a red light (because the middle lane in
question isn't yet showing a "straight ahead" green arrow)?