Old November 2nd 11, 11:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default London Hub proposal published by Halcrow/Foster+Partners

On Nov 2, 4:38*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 16:26:59 +0000

Bruce wrote:
Lord Foster, founder and chairman of Foster + Partners, said:

"Time are tough and our company needs as much exposure as it can get so to
that effect we've knocked up some cheap graphics and waffle about a vague hand
waving idea our intern came up with that will never see the light of day
because it would cost a fortune, but we don't care because we might get some
real contracts off the back of it".

Exciting stuff!

We obviously have differing definitions of the word "exciting".

But there's something for everyone here! Apart from the airport,
there is a lot of new high speed railway including connections to HS1,
the proposed HS2 and the Great Western Main Line (and more). There is
a tidal stream power station. There is a new Thames Barrier, located
in a far better position than the existing one. There is the
opportunity to regenerate the depressed Medway Towns. Proper
consideration has been given to protecting existing habitats.

What's not to like? :-)

There is a much more comprehensive explanation of the proposals in the
following .pdf document:
http://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/J..._team_copy.pdf