Old February 13th 04, 08:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Adams Bob Adams is offline

Default Eighteen LU trains damaged at Farringdon...

In message , Roger the cabin boy
writes
After further investigation I have unearthed from the www.thisislondon
site the actual story that was printed and the following is what I had
read yesterday and it appears it was Bob Kiley who they quoted

"He told a board meeting of Transport for London: "If we don't see
improvements in the maintenance performance or renewal activity which
is broadly under way, then we may be at a point where we will have to
revisit these contracts in a pretty vigorous way. "At the end of the
second year all forgiveness is over. "

Perhaps Bob Kiley was including the months of 'shadow running' that took
place prior to the actual Infraco contracts being signed? It certainly
seems like it's been years already - and no travel improvements to show
for all the billions given away by 'New Labour' yet either.

I wonder what improvements we would have right now if LUL had been given
Ken's financing scheme? A bit more than a few posh offices for the
Infraco's I would wager.

--
Bob Adams