Old November 3rd 11, 08:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default London Hub proposal published by Halcrow/Foster+Partners

On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 08:14:38 +0000
Graeme Wall wrote:
I read through the glossy brochure, which admittedly doesn't give a lot
of detail, and as far as I can make out the airport is going to be
practically on top of the SS Richard Montgomery! Also there is no
mention of the bird problem in the Thames Estuary. Hong Kong's airport

And not forgetting europes largest natural gas storage depot which is on
Grain.

is not right in the middle of a major wildfowl migration route. Also I
can't see how you are going to get two pairs of runways to operate the
way they are depicted. There doesn't seem to be adequate clearance
between the individual runways in each pair for safe simultaneous operation.

Its a pie in the sky idea and will never happen. But if a new airport is
really needed - and I'm not convinced - then surely Manston or southend would
be the logical solution?

B2003