Old February 13th 04, 09:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Wood Bob Wood is offline

Default Oyster for out-of-Londoners

In om,
Steph Davies typed:
"Bob Wood" wrote in message
In news Jason typed:

I topped up by a mere 30p last night so I could (unofficially) use
Pre-Pay on a bus.

u - n - o - f - f - i - c - i - a - l - l - y

That's an odd way to spell fraudulently!
:-o

why fraudulently?

oyster prepay is now (as the OP said, unofficially) working on buses,
and the 70p fare is being deducted correctly.

In that case I withdraw the remark and offer my apologies. I had not
realised that 70p was now being deducted.

A few weeks ago I used my (PrePay only) Oyster Card on buses a couple of
times, not realising that they were only in use on the Underground and DLR.
The driver allowed me on the bus, despite the fact that the machine did not
accept the card; nothing was deducted from my balance.

That will teach me not to chip in without having read *every* message on the
subject!

Bob