Old November 3rd 11, 01:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Jamie Thompson Jamie  Thompson is offline

Default London Hub proposal published by Halcrow/Foster+Partners

On Nov 2, 4:26*pm, Bruce wrote:
Lord Foster, chairman and founder of Foster + Partners, has launched
the proposals for the Thames Hub – an integrated vision for the UK.

An interesting read. Though I'm not sure about the "high speed" aspect
of the orbital. At the M25 the radial main lines aren't very far
apart, so unless you have rail gun acceleration you'll not get
anywhere near to line speed before having to slow for the next
station. I've proposed a similar route in the past, but using
conventional rail standard lines. All still very interesting though.

I'm also an advocate of a Thames airport, so it's good to see this
concept explored further.