Old November 3rd 11, 03:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Andy Breen Andy Breen is offline

Default London Hub proposal published by Halcrow/Foster+Partners

On Thu, 03 Nov 2011 16:44:03 +0000, Basil Jet wrote:

On 2011\11\03 16:18, amogles wrote:

If you're going to be spending billions on interconnecting main line
railways in London it might be better spent on tunnels between the
existing terminii, a bit like the Germans have done in Berlin.
(admitedly Berlin does have an orbital railway, but it is used for the
S-Bahn and only individual sections of it for long distance trains).

Well, I can't see how a long distance train could use all of it!

That's just because you're not off your box^W^W^W thinking outside the
box. In this group we've been provided - at excruciating length - with
proposals in which long-distance trains would go around and around a ring-
shaped route, though I have no doubt that their originator would be
mortified at the idea of his plans being applied to the Hated South.

And no, this is ¦not¦ an endorsement of the ringpiec^W ringby proposal

--
Speaking only for myself