Old November 9th 11, 01:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default London Hub proposal published by Halcrow/Foster+Partners

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 16:05:12 -0800 (PST), Mizter T
wrote:
On Nov 8, 7:52*pm, Bruce wrote:
On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 22:54:06 +0000, The Other Mike
wrote:

Heathrow and the UK economy is being crippled by two runways, and the
night curfew.

If Heathrow served only passengers who were starting or completing
their journey in the UK, there would be masses of spare capacity.

The last statistics I saw were several years ago, but Heathrow had the
highest percentage of transfer passengers of any major European
airport. *70% of passengers were international travellers transferring
from one flight to another; only 30% were starting or completing their
journey in the UK.

Transfer passengers accounted for 35.4% of LHR passenger numbers in
2010:
http://preview.tinyurl.com/33e9utk

Thanks. A page of fascinating facts. ;-)

I don't think it's ever been much higher than that.

My ex-BAA source says it has, but he thinks it was some years back. e
is going to check.