Old November 12th 11, 01:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Service update presentation changes

On Nov 12, 11:48*am, wrote:

In article ,
(Roland Perry) wrote:

ps looks like a busy weekend - I don't suppose they are accepting
tube tickets on Heathrow Connect?? Although they've simultaneously
made getting to Paddington very difficult.

Extraordinary lack of co-ordination which will really make passengers' lives
difficult. Why does this happen so often these days?

I wonder if they were trying to keep the line closures away from lines
that serve Westminster and Whitehall, given that tomorrow is
Remembrance Sunday (so lots of people wanting to get there, and lots
of road closures) - last year, both the Victoria and Jubilee lines
were closed in their entirety [1], which I don't think was necessarily
best appreciated.

There's also the Lord Mayor's Show today, so lots of people and lots
of road closures in the City as well to take account of. (Good
fireworks too, if you didn't get enough of them last weekend!)

So perhaps not "extraordinary lack of co-ordination", just the result
of weighing competing factors up and then making a tough decision?

FWIW there are a lot of weekend line closures in the run up to
Christmas, so as they say, always best to check before you travel.

-----
[1] I made a note of what was closed this time last year in my first
post in this thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.tr...4f89a153c1c63/