Old November 12th 11, 01:18 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Decision on rail link due before Christmas

On Nov 12, 1:37*pm, Mizter T wrote:

On Nov 12, 1:02*pm, Jamie *Thompson wrote:

On Nov 12, 11:12*am, "Peter Masson" wrote:

IMHO there is a case for the Croxley Link also to be used by trains from
Chesham or Amersham. But I doubt that there's a business case for procuring
new trains for this, and the likely traffic won't justify 8-car trains.
Perhaps a few of the D78 trains could be arranged as 4-car sets and modified
as necessary for future Met signalling. Certainly a better place to use them
than Harrogate.

The maintenance issue would no doubt rear it's had again though on
operating non-standard stock. Perhaps keeping them away from the other
children at a rebuilt Wiggenhall Road might suffice...but I think
you'd far more likely end up with too few S7/S8s on an infrequent
service than a correct number of D78s on a frequent one (It's the same
problem as the St. Albans line - infrequent services push passengers
away, but longer services aren't justified by the current loadings.
Make them frequent enough and you'll get the custom I believe). TfL
does seem to prefer to operate for it's own operational convenience
more than passengers most of the time...

What a load of nonsense.

Sorry, that's a bit harsh - I should have said something like
"Really?".