Old November 13th 11, 11:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Clive Clive is offline

Default Bank Station, London enlargement

In message
, The
Gardener writes
On Nov 10, 6:36*pm, 77002 wrote:
On Nov 9, 5:24*pm, Robin9 wrote:
'Basil Jet[_2_ Wrote:
;124222']There's some kind of exhibition on at 10 King William Street at
the mo.
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...tre/21543.aspx
There was an article about this in today's Metro. Apparently TfL want to
consult the general public before finalising the details.

It would be great if the Northern City could be extended south to
Bank, or further.

Sadly, that's very unlikely as it's not that deep a line at Moorgate,
and there are building foundations in the way. In any case, without
platform lengthening, it probably would not be justified.

It's a long time since I was on the Northern line, but I thought it was
at the same level as the northern and I do remember that the tube stock
it used looked ridiculously small for the size of station and tunnel.
However I do remember some years ago reading that it would be idea to
line up with the DLR at Bank because of the latter's need for a larger
bore.
--
Clive