Old February 14th 04, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Malcolm Knight Malcolm Knight is offline

Default Bus Route Numbering

"Bill Hayles" wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 08:02:18 -0000, "Malcolm Knight"
wrote:

"Bill Hayles" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 20:57:32 -0000, "Malcolm Knight"
wrote:

"Bill Hayles" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:19:27 -0000, "Henry"

1 to 199 - London General Double Deck services in the Central

Area

How does this fit in with the 101 which I regularly rode in the

early
1950s and possibly the late 40s (memory beginning to fail me

here)?
How does it not? The 101 was double deck.

Wanstead (Essex when the route was started) is the Central Area of
London. Really? You surprise me.

Ahh, I see the misunderstanding.
We are talking about London Transport's definition of "Central" and
"Country

That's it, thanks. We are not all transport enthusiasts here, some
just (mainly) lurk to read nostaligic snippets from the past - and
wonder how it is that if this new fangled Oyster system is so damned
clever, why warnings on how to avoid tripping it up have to be
tannoyed around the underground every two minutes. ;-)
--
Malcolm