Old November 18th 11, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jamie Thompson Jamie Thompson is offline

Default Boost for Tube extension plan as Wandsworth gets triple-A ratings

On Nov 18, 10:36*am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
TfL have also explained that there can't be an interchange at Vauxhall,
IIRC... *Only the Charing Cross branch can possibly handle the increase in
passengers.

....which I firmly disagree with. Though IIRC, they only said it would
be slightly more expensive to build than a normal station. Loading-
wise, the Victoria line as-is probably couldn't take the loads, true
(though a large chunk will be joining the Vic Line at Victoria
anyway), but once Chelney arrives it will be able to, and we'll wish
the line ran under Vauxhall with platform tunnels already excavated
waiting to be fitted out. Basic planning people - it's not rocket
science.

It's a transport network after all...what's the point if you aren't
going to build interchanges - it's like we're heading back to the
tubes as--built where interchange were a novelty as they didn't want
you using competing company's lines.