Old November 19th 11, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Clive Clive is offline

Default Boost for Tube extension plan as Wandsworth gets triple-A ratings

In message , Paul Scott
writes
I didn't explicitly mention the station at Nine Elms, but only because
the earlier poster (Clive) had only asked where the line would
terminate...

I'll be as clear as I can. I don't know anything about London but a
friend of mine that lives there said "Nine Elms" had now changed it's
name to "New Covent Garden", hence my original assertion, but I am happy
to be corrected if I am wrong, indeed I would appreciate anything that I
don't know being filled in. Hence I have made a few connections that
may very well be wrong. To this end, I would like to know what is the
history and subsequent progress of the planning of this new line. I
know the Kennington loop only connects with the west end side of the
northern line because back in the 60s and 70s I worked on it, will it
stay in service? When I worked there we used to run a frequent service
from Golders Green-Golders Green via the Kennington loop so I was
wondering will it remain or be moved south etc.? Hope you can now see
that I approach this from a position of ignorance.
--
Clive