Old November 20th 11, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
Tony Dragon Tony Dragon is offline

Default B**y Borris Bikes and other Cyclists in London

On 20/11/2011 16:58, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 13:49:35 +0000, Tony Dragon
wrote:

May I recommend that you carry a sturdy walking stick when out as a
pedestrian. When one of these selfish scum ignores the rules of the road
simply insert it between the spokes. It will focus the mind as the cranium
makes contact with the road surface. ;-)

You should also ensure that your insurance covers you for assault
causing actual bodily harm. If it doesn't then it's probably best not
to try this as it could be very expensive indeed.

And of course the cyclist who assaults you while riding through a
pedestrian crossing in the green man phase will also have insurance.

That comment makes no sense at all. Why would a cyclist assault me
while he was riding through a pelican crossing, albeit illegally? And
in any case, as discussed ad nauseam, actually it's quite likely he
will have insurance even if he does not know it.

Guy

Yes, we know his household insurance will cover him, the problem is that
a large percentage of households do not have insurance.