Old November 20th 11, 10:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tony Dragon Tony Dragon is offline

Default B**y Borris Bikes and other Cyclists in London

On 20/11/2011 13:35, Robin wrote:
I agree with that but I wonder why we get all this ire against
cyclists when it is the much larger number of moron motor vehicle
drivers who kill thousands of people every year.

Perhaps it is that (i) in London at least a much higher proportion of
cyclists act unlawfully and without consideration for others -
especially pedestrians who seem to be seen as a soft target (sic) and
(ii) there is next to no enforcement of the law and penalties for
cyclists - indeed, it is almost impossible to take action against a
cyclist who fails to stop after smashing one's shopping, ripping
trousers, etc etc.

Look at it another way. I cannot recall when I last had to take
avoiding action because of a car going through a red light or driving
the wrong way on a one-way road. It is pretty much a weekly event with
cyclists.

Indeed, in London the Green Man means dodge the cyclist.