Old November 23rd 11, 08:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Phil Richards Phil Richards is offline

Default Victoria Line Car Numbers

Yet another lengthened journey home tonight thanks to problems with
"over sensitive" doors on the Victoria Line. Driver regularly announcing
passengers to keep clear which when you've got delays in the peak is not
always that easy. On this occasion the driver announced something
trapped in doors of car 4, then later on, in car 3. I doubt for one
minute many passengers in the middle of a train would know which car
they are in the first place. From what I gather 1 is the front, 8 at the
rear.

So as they aren't numbered within the cars, what is the point of
announcing a specific car number?

(Thinking about it they could incorporate the car number into the
display inside, Southern manage to on class 377s)

--
Phil Richards
http://www.flickr.com/photos/philstephenrichards