Old November 24th 11, 09:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
John C John C is offline

Default Victoria Line Car Numbers

"Phil Richards" wrote in message
Yet another lengthened journey home tonight thanks to problems with "over
sensitive" doors on the Victoria Line. Driver regularly announcing
passengers to keep clear which when you've got delays in the peak is not
always that easy. On this occasion the driver announced something trapped
in doors of car 4, then later on, in car 3. I doubt for one minute many
passengers in the middle of a train would know which car they are in the
first place. From what I gather 1 is the front, 8 at the rear.

The delay caused by the sensitive edge doors appears disproportionate to the
benefit. The Victoria line used to be ultra reliable. Now it's just a
shambles.

John