Old November 24th 11, 02:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Victoria Line Car Numbers

In message of Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:47:40
in uk.transport.london, d writes
On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:27:07 -0000
"John C" wrote:
The delay caused by the sensitive edge doors appears disproportionate to the
benefit. The Victoria line used to be ultra reliable. Now it's just a
shambles.

Agreed. This morning about 845, I was on a Central Line train which
juddered to a halt approaching Bethnal Green. "Please don't lean on the
doors" soon followed from the driver.

Just wait until we have fully automatic trains with no drivers at the front.
That'll be utter chaos. It might work on the DLR but that never sees the
crush loadings you get on the tube. Much as I despise Bob Crowe he's right

When did Boltar last do Bank - Canary Wharf at 0830?

about this one.

In 1967, when automatic train operation was introduced on the Victoria
Line, drivers applied muscle to become the highest paid Underground
drivers.
The saving in running costs probably justifies a premium.

B2003

--
Walter Briscoe