Old November 26th 11, 12:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default A commute from Finsbury Park to Brentford

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011, Paul wrote:

On Nov 22, 9:30*pm, Tom Anderson wrote:

The prospect of a new job near Syon Lane has come up. I live in
Finsbury Park and won't be moving any time soon.

Any thoughts on what commuting options look like?

Perhaps the best thing would be to try each of the routes you have
suggested and see which one suits you best.

Very true. I took the Vic/SWT combination there, and the Picc back. On the
Vic i was standing all the way to Vauxhall; if i'd been a bit more
sharp-elbowed i might have got a seat at Green Park, but it's not like
there were seats to spare. The train was then surprisingly busy - lots of
people on board when it pulled in, quite a few boarding at Vauxhall, and a
lot more at Queenstown Road and Clapham Junction. The main destinations
seemed to be Wandsworth and Brentford. Coming back, i got a seat
immediately, although only just, and new boarders were standing after a
couple of stops. I imagine it would be a lot worse coming in in the
mornings.

Thanks to you both for your thoughts.

tom

--
If god did exist, we would have to abolish him. -- Mikhail Bakunin