Old December 1st 11, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Battersea extension up in smoke?

In article ,
(Recliner) wrote:

wrote in message

On Thu, 1 Dec 2011 12:50:17 -0000
"Recliner" wrote:
least one wall has long gone, so there won't be much that's authentic
if/when it ever gets re-used as a shell housing something entirely
unlike a power station. Given the lack of authenticity, I wonder why
a pastiche of the old power station needs to be part of any new
development? After all, we already have one old coal power station
preserved as an art gallery in the form of Tate Modern -- just how
many does London need?

True. It should really be put out of its misery and demolished. I
don't think people are as sentimental about it as the politicians
think. At the end of the day it was just a power station, not a
cathedral.

Whats the status of Lots Road these days? Is that still around?

Largely demolished, I think. I don't know if any part of the old
building will survive into the new development.

I found these short videos from 2008 and 2009 (there's more):
2008:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&h...&v=M1Cm2u3rKGo
2009: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cUfi...eature=related

There seems to be a building shell still standing, or was when I cycled past
on the other side of the river this morning.

--
Colin Rosenstiel