Old December 2nd 11, 09:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Battersea extension up in smoke?

On Thu, 01 Dec 2011 19:53:11 +0000
Paul Corfield wrote:
I'm still bemused as to why a tube line is needed when miles of
railway on 3 key TOCs passes right by the site. Can't a proper rail
interchange be constructed for far less cost than a tube line?

I imagine given the choice most people would prefer to get a tube direct
into central london than have to get a mainline train and change at
victoria or waterloo. Imagine you're standing at Vauxhall and want to get
to the west end - do you hop on a victoria line to oxford circus or wait
20 mins for a mainline train to go a mile to victoria then get on it?
Its a no brainer.

B2003