Old December 2nd 11, 02:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default TfL Fares Increase - January 2nd 2012

"Paul" wrote in message

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/h...2_11_fares.pdf

gives the new Tfl fares following this weeks announcement that the
level of the increase is to be cut back to "around" 6%.

Notice that the Oyster PAYG bus fare is now £1.35. I suppose that it
doesn't matter if they have a fare which is not a multiple of 10p if
people don't have to fiddle about with loose change.

Also I note that the Oyster PAYG cap is equivalent to the appropriate
Day Travelcard price. I know that this has been the case for a few
years now, but remember when it was 50p LESS than the travelcard
price. Another back door fares increase methinks.

Yes, but the reason given is that Oyster Payg can now be used on the
same NR routes that a travelcard can, so there's no justification for a
lower price. A pure TfL day cap would be nice with the 50p discount, but
I don't expect one (did they have to promise not to do that when getting
the mainline TOCs to agree to accept Oyster?).