Old December 3rd 11, 07:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london
tim.... tim.... is offline

Default TfL Fares Increase - January 2nd 2012

"Paul Scott" wrote in message
"Paul" wrote in message

Also I note that the Oyster PAYG cap is equivalent to the appropriate
Day Travelcard price. I know that this has been the case for a few
years now, but remember when it was 50p LESS than the travelcard
price. Another back door fares increase methinks.

Just two years. The 50p differential was there to reflect the fact that a
daily cap on PAYG was not as useful as a day travelcard, because before
then the majority of TOC services did not accept PAYG.

But it's still not *as* "useful". You still have to make sure to avoid all
the crap of getting an unresolved journey because the system is faulty.

Something which you don't have to do with a paper ticket.

tim