Old December 5th 11, 09:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default Northern Line to Battersea Power Station

On Sun, 4 Dec 2011 11:36:47 +0000
Robin9 wrote:
It's not a good use of taxpayers' funds because it's designed to help
only a small group of people and it's not designed improve interchange
facilities. To re-iterate the point I made earlier - which at some stage

Which small group of people? I don't know what the population of Battersea
is but I suspect its not small. As for interchange, it does seem a bit odd
not to interchange with the victoria line since it will make a trip to the
west end a lot more hassle that it would otherwise be.

in the distant future will become the orthodox wisdom, shared by
politicians and pundits alike - the sensible and constructive extension
of the Northern Line is down to Clapham Junction and possibly further
south-west.

Won't happen. Look at the JLE - they could have easily taken it down the
river to Thamesmead which would have been a godsend for that growing area.
But no, they decided on an utterly pointless (but no doubt a lot cheaper)
terminus at stratford which was already over served by trains before it arrived.

B2003