Old December 5th 11, 03:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Terry[_2_] Paul Terry[_2_] is offline

Default Battersea extension up in smoke?

In message , d
writes

I got off a train from clapham junction to victoria at vauxhall a few years
back. Perhaps that service doesn't exist any more.

No such line exists (or existed). Trains from CJ to Vauxhall all
terminate at Waterloo. Trains from CJ to Victoria cannot go via
Vauxhall.

A waterloo train stops at vauxhall almost once every 2 mins? Sorry , I find
that hard to believe. They'd be backed up all the way down the line.

Which line? Eight parallel lines pass through Vauxhall. Normally, only
platforms 2, 3, 4, 7 and 8 are used for stoppers, but there's ample
capacity for a very high service frequency.

--
Paul Terry