Old December 6th 11, 10:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Battersea extension up in smoke?

On Mon, Dec 05, 2011 at 03:33:44PM +0000, d wrote:
On Mon, 05 Dec 2011 14:49:18 +0000
David Cantrell wrote:
Where does that 20 minutes come from (and, come to think of it, where
does the train from vauxhall to victoria come from as well)?

I got off a train from clapham junction to victoria at vauxhall a few years
back. Perhaps that service doesn't exist any more.

I don't believe you. A quick look at a map would demonstrate the
infeasibility of that.

Either the train was diverted to Waterloo because of engineering work,
or you got on the wrong train by mistake.

Battersea Park has ten trains an hour to Victoria, off-peak, and
Queenstown Road has eight an hour to Waterloo off-peak. Vauxhall has
*26* trains per hour to Waterloo, off-peak.

A waterloo train stops at vauxhall almost once every 2 mins? Sorry , I find
that hard to believe. They'd be backed up all the way down the line.

12:03, 05, 06, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 20, 21, 26, 27, 29, 33, 35, 36, 40,
42, 44, 45, 47, 50, 51, 56, 57, 59

--
David Cantrell |
http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

There are two kinds of security, the one that keeps your sister
out, the one that keeps the government out and the one that
keeps Bruce Schneier out.