Old December 6th 11, 11:37 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Blackfriars Southern entrance

"D7666" wrote:

All in all, a very welcome development.

Less welcome to prospective pax was the fact that the 22:08 to Bedford
(an all stations stopper), the last northbound service from the south
through the core, had been cancelled...

Alas FCC continue in this vein, continue to wreck the overall project.

FCC have gone into random canx. of trains over the past few weeks,
they were very good for a while again, now its declining again.
Interesting it is about 2 years since the dispute, perhaps they were
being monitored for 2 years and now think they are free to revert to
how they were before?

One hopes not - that was a bleak time for Thameslink.

Not sure I'd recommend the Blackfriars option as a route home to any
playgoers or filmgoers at the NT or NFT just upriver as a route home (to
points north at least) after an evening performance/showing, if the service
is becoming flakey again.

Retuning to the thread subject, I will probably not attempt use of BF
until the District interchange is open, which for my practical travel
will be next year.

One thing I forgot to mention in my OP was the great potential for the new
southern entrance to be used to interchange with the Jubilee line at
Southwark station, less than half a mile away straight down Blackfriars Road
(or else via the parallel back streets just to the east - more pleasant/
entertaining/ quieter than the main road route). One could even get a bus
for two stops...

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=531684&y=180473
(The new entrance is actually just a tad north of the arrow, basically just
above Hopton Street on the riverside walk.)

That's a half-decent route from points north (and indeed some points south)
on Thameslink to Canary Wharf / Docklands, albeit taking into account the
peak time joy that is the Jubilee line (though one would be getting on
before the eastbound masses at London Bridge... though after the eastbound
masses from Waterloo).