Old December 7th 11, 10:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default TfL Fares Increase - January 2nd 2012

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 11:56:28AM -0000, Mizter T wrote:
"David Cantrell" wrote:
On Sat, Dec 03, 2011 at 10:24:23AM +0000, Neil Williams wrote:
On Sat, 3 Dec 2011 08:37:06 -0000, "tim...."
wrote:
Something which you don't have to do with a paper ticket.
Then buy one. They are still available.

Not according to the ticket office at White City they're not.

Was this what they actually said to you?

" We don't sell paper tickets ".

Although given how unclearly he spoke, it might have been "I can't smell
pepper tarts", in which case he is to be applauded for his adherence to
the Da-da-ist cause!

Anyone who doesn't speak clearly should be fired from public-facing jobs
immediately. Discuss.

Us Germans take our humour very seriously
-- German cultural attache talking to the Today Programme,
about the German supposed lack of a sense of humour, 29 Aug 2001